Checkout our updates in the following areas:
|Chief & Council Updates||Band Administrator Updates|
|Education Updates||Employment Updates|
|Training Updates||TLFN Financial Updates|
|Status Card Resources||Takla Trading Post Updates|
Chief & Council Updates
COMING UP - the 2018 Takla Annual General Assembly
ALL MEMBERS INVITED!
Monday January 29, Tuesday January 30, Wednesday January 31.
Breakfast at 8:15, AGA starts at 9 :00 am daily.
Banquet Dinner is Tuesday January 30 at 6:00 pm
Band Administrator Updates
- Education Advisory Committee Overview and 1 Pager - Deadline September 30
- Room and Board Funding Applications
- Post Secondary Funding Application
PSE Funding Application Form_2017 to 2018 academic year.pdf
For your PSE application please include the following documentation:
- A letter to Chief and Council that outlines your education goals, the year you expect to graduate and the number of your dependants
- A copy of your 2015/2016 final transcription (grades)
- A copy of your college/ university program
- A letter of acceptance from your chosen program
- Budget (tuition, living allowance, supplies and travel)
An application form can be downloaded from Takla Lake website and/or collected from the Takla Takla Lake Finance Office.
A Committee will decide who will be selected or denied for sponsorship for each academic year. Feedback on your application submitted will be given as soon as a decision is made.
- Takla Lake First Nation: Post-Secondary Student Handbook
Takla Lake First Nation_Post Secondary Student Handbook.pdf
For all education inquiries please contact the Education Coordinator at email@example.com
*** Select the Green Heading to bring up the Job Positing****
- Sasuchan is now accepting Tenders for Road Maintenance - December 18 2017 - March 30 2018
- K-8 Teacher for Nus Wadeezulh Community School - Open Call
- Takla Transit Bus Operator - Deadline April 16th at 9:00 am
- Forestry Superintendent - Sasuchan- Deadline To Be Announced
FIRST NATIONS REFERRALS OFFICER TRAINING
The Carrier Sekani Tribal Council (CSTC) has developed a First Nations Referrals Officer Training Program (ROTP) that is focused on assisting First Nations with building capacity to manage referrals and consultation requests regarding natural resource management projects. The ROTP has been designed for First Nations technical and leadership staff working for First Nations governments.
Participants of the ROTP should meet the following criteria:
- Be willing to participate, learn and provide constructive feedback into the training program;
- Be able to participate in a respectful and supportive learning environment;
- Be able to participate for the full 5 days; No pre-paid travel is available. All travel must be covered by participants, and is reimbursable by CSTC (if applicable), according to CSTC travel rates;
- Have some experience in working for a First Nation or Tribal Council/Association;
- Grade 12 is encouraged but not required.
This 5-day program will cover the basics on why referrals and consultation management is needed in First Nations communities. Students will also leave with an improved understanding of office and information management, natural resource management 101, communication and analytical skills, basic mapping skills, and decision-making processes.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!
We are offering several 5-day sessions throughout BC, free to First Nations. First 2 sessions are now open for registration.
Seats are limited. Separate event registrations will be sent for each location upon finalization of logistics, as follows:
February 5-9, 2018 – Prince George, BC (Coast Inn of the North)
March 5-9, 2018 - Prince George, BC (Coast Inn of the North)
April TBA 2018- Fort St. James, BC
May TBA 2018 – Kamloops, BC
June TBA 2018 – Nanaimo/Victoria BC
To register visit the website:
- Financial Statements 2017 - PDF Coming Soon
- Audited Financial Statements - March 2016
Audited financial statements March 31 2016.pdf
- Audited Financial Statements - March 2015
Financial statements - consolidated.pdf
Chief and Council and Senior Staff Salary/ Remuneration2015
Chief council and senior staff salary and remuneration
Status Card Resources
A schedule is being developed to better aid your needs. Please check back for when the Membership Clerk will be in Prince George.
For all other inquiries regarding Status cards for TLFN members and non-members please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Takla Trading Post Updates